Recently many people have been looking for some HCG diet info due to the fact that more and more people have been touting it as a reliable, fast and easy method of losing weight. To give a brief recap of why HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is believed to be very effective when it comes weight loss, it is the hormone which keeps pregnant women in shape during their pregnancy. It has been found by Albert Simeons that those treated with human chorionic gonadotropin drops actually report a steady loss of fat of around two pounds every week. However, the HCG diet by Dr. Simeons is still somewhat controversial in scientific circles as there are some out there who believe that HCG is not all it’s hyped up to be.
HCG Diet Info – A Brief Overview
The HCG Diet system has been put into place by the man who discovered the benefits of HCG, Albert Simeons. The main goal of the diet is to keep your caloric intake at around 500 calories per day, which forces the body to dig into fat reserves to burn them for energy, rather than the calories ingested from the meals. When combined with HCG drops the diet allegedly works much faster, bringing about extremely fast weight loss of mostly fat tissues. Indeed, this is one of those starvation diets you’ve probably heard of; while getting through it may prove to be tough, the end result will be precisely what you were looking for.
For breakfast, the diet states that you shall have either coffee or tea with only one tablespoon of milk and some artificial sweeteners if you want to. For lunch, it is recommended to eat 100 grams of lean protein such as veal, lobster or chicken breast meat. Make sure there is no fat on the meat before eating it. You can also add a fruit or vegetable into the mix, such as an apple or some strawberries. The dinner is basically the same as lunch, with vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, cabbage and onions being favored over fruits. There are however different recipes online, all of which help to attain the same goal.
HCG Diet Info – The Good
- Helps to achieve weight loss very fast – the diet advocates a 500 calorie a day food intake during the weight loss period
- Helps you lose fat instead of muscle – the HCG hormone is supposed to stimulate fat burn in the body.
- It can help you lose tremendous amounts of weight regardless of how heavy you are.
HCG Diet Info – The Bad
- A starvation diet may be hard to endure – especially if the reduction in food intake is significant
- A low calorie diet can cause mood swings and depression, the body is naturally accustomed to receiving much of its energy from carbohydrates.
- There are still some concerns in the scientific sphere as to the effectiveness of HCG – the diet has not been rigorously studied.
- HCG is a naturally occurring hormone in a woman’s during pregnancy and only during pregnancy – Since this is not the normal state of the body (especially in men) the side effects should be of great interest, these have not been scientifically researched.
- After the weight is lost, you cannot rely on the HCG diet to keep it off; it is a task for you – HCG supplement can not be taken indefinitely, it’s only used during the weight loss period after which you must still revert to a healthy diet and lifestyle to prevent weight gain.
All things considered, based on the available HCG Diet info it is reasonable to believe that it can indeed help you lose weight and very fast. However, it will require a good amount of self-discipline from you, not to mention that it is very advisable to consult with a doctor before attempting this diet due to its aggressive nature.